Wednesday, October 21, 2015

We Are Not Just Pastors; We Do what Married People Do -Jane Hamzat

Cenews: Good evening Pastor Jane Amzat.  As a pastor and a music minister, how are you able to combine and balance these two roles?
PASTOR JANE: Oh Well! It's nothing really difficult. Just like in the circular world you can have two jobs and still one person. Its called wearing more than one hat. It's a matter of understanding what your calling is and understanding your purpose.  When you understand your purpose, everything else becomes easy, that the life you live is not different. The calling to be a pastor or you being ordained as a pastor does not change you from being a Christian, a child of God that fears God. Now that is the primary underlining thing that controls everything else, the love of God. Whether you are a music minister or you are a pastor, it is the love of God that pioneers you to be the best of all, understanding that what you are doing is as unto the Lord. You are not called to a title; you are called to serve the Lord.Cenews:  We have seen a lot of gospel artists that are more interested in the fame, their position in the society than ministering to souls. Where do we miss it?
PASTOR JANE: We miss it when we lose focus of what purpose is. See you are not called for fame, you are called to minister. Now as you minister, just like in the days of Jesus Christ, Jesus focused. He said, “I am about doing my Father's business. My meat is to do the will of He that sent me and He that called me”. See that is ministry right there. D
Cenews: We have a lot of gospel artists that before accepting a ministration invitation do a lot of price bargaining – “This is my fee”, “I do not take less than this”, etc. What is your opinion? Do you support it or do you think bargaining should not be part of music ministry?
PASTOR JANE: I do have my personal believe on that, and it depends on where you have been from. Where God picked you from determines what decisions you make in life. See am one that has been in ministry where when I got married to my husband he had no job and I was the only one working but I found out that even though he was not even being paid by man, we were sustained more from that which was coming from God's blessing to him. So you see when I came to experience that as a pastor's wife, it helped me a lot in my notion, in my perspective when it comes to naming a price. When you price yourself,  you limit yourself and miss out on divine price, because definitely when we serve God, and we are called to serve Him, believe me the value He places on us is way more than that which we are called to do. So in other words, I'm not a critical person when it gets to that, and definitely when people call me and they say name your price, I tell them when God uses me to bless the people you will determine yourself what is fit to use in appreciating me.  Now are there times you are abused?  Yes, but you find out that God in return will bless you because our labour for Him never goes in vain.  I will give an example where we (my husband and I) are invited to minister out of the country and what they give is not even up to our flight ticket but we bless the name of the Lord for it, and months later somebody who was in that ministry will say, we want to bless you, or we want to do this for you and they are giving us an offering that the ch
urch that invited us could not offer. I am an advocate of let the Lord place the price tag on you.  Let the Lord be the one that places the value on you. When you name your price, sometimes, you limit yourself.
Cenews: Ok. We are going to talk about your music career, so tell us a little bit about your music career/ music ministry?
PASTOR JANE: Amazingly I tell people I am not called to be a singer or gospel musician, I was called to be a worshiper. See there's a difference between a singer and a worshipper. A worshipper operates on the grace, under the anointing, a singer/ musician most often focuses to hold on to skill because they're called singers because that is what they have chosen as a career. They have the skill it takes, they have the voice that it takes, and they have the head knowledge. I grew up in a family where my dad and my mum had this notion that joining the choir makes you promiscuous because of what was invoke in the music ministry - sexual perversion and  so much sinfulness going on in that atmosphere. My dad was just like none of my children are going to do that, but the Lord remembered me at the age of 8. I was singing in the children's choir; and when we finished ministering for Children's Day, a man of God that was invited as a guest singled me out in a massive crowd and asked for my parents.  My dad said he was ashamed because he did not know what they were up to, but he came out and said that's my child. The man of God looked at him and said don't limit that young girl, she does not belong there. Move her to the adult choir.  So at the age of eight, I was moved to an adult choir when I didn't even know what was in me. I was so ashamed because I could not sing because I did not have the support of my parents not because they did not fear God but because they had the mindset of what the choir was all about based on what they saw and they wanted to protect me being of course a very young, strong-willed and very beautiful young lady; they wanted to preserve and protect what they had. So from that time onwards, I began to sing as a worshipper in the choir and anointing began to unveil itself. I would take the mic and sometimes as I minister, I will fall under the anointing myself. See most times you worship and people will fall under anointing but I will worship and I will soak under the anointing myself. Ever since then that auction has rested on my life, and I began to work and operate, and as God began to use me in various areas, I began to understand that this is what gives me joy, this is where I belong, lifting the people of God, lifting the souls of men that as I worship things are happening, lives are transformed and I began to get a deeper understanding of the ministry.
Cenews: Tell us about Adore?
PASTOR JANE: Wow! Adore is an annual concert that I host and it is not just an annual concert that holds in Houston Texas. When God actually give me the vision he said I'm calling you to this ministry, I want you to set up a platform where praise is lifted, where children of God gather just to lift up My name, just to praise Me, just to honour Me. He's searching for worshipers you know. He said and out of your worship, needs would not just be met, souls of men would not just be touched but I will begin to do things in areas of people's lives. In the area of healing, in the area of bringing solution to the people that are desperately in need and God began to tell me specifically, through you and through this ministry I'm giving you, I would make provision, you will feed the hungry, you would clothe those that are naked, you will become an icon to reckon with in your generation. I didn't know how He was going to do it but He gave me the broad and it says, “Touching lives one soul at a time through the power of your praise”. 
INTERVIEWER
Cenews: How old is Adore?
PASTOR JANE: We hosted our very first concert in the year 2012, so actually this year became our fourth year.
Cenews: Do you have a role model in music ministry?
PASTOR JANE: I have my mentor and he has become my role model based on the life that I have seen him live. He is a man sold out to Christ, which a lot of people know and he is popularly known in the African community as Wamilele.  He is a gospel artist back in Nigeria, West Africa, where I was born, Kingsley Ike by name. He's become more of a big brother than a mentor. He is always there, and I just love his style of worship and what he does with the gift that God has given him. And from the day he told me the testimony of his life, am like wow, this is a man to work with, this is a man to reckon with. So pretty much that is my mentor, that is a person I look up to and I believe that is who my heart is connected to in the area of worship.
Cenews: You are a pastor and your husband also is a pastor, do you guys just go spiritual always or do you guys have fun, call each other pet names?
PASTOR JANE: Wow, wow, a lot, you just don't know! I was one of the people who never wanted to marry a pastor because of the impression we had based on what we saw growing up; that pastors were not romantic, pastors don't know nothing about being sexually intimate with their wife. Hmmmmm but believe it or not, getting married to my husband has changed a lot of that notion. He is a romantic man to an extent. May be not to the extent I desire as a wife who is very emotionally demanding......lol but PJ or baby as I call him is a down to earth person always willing to learn and grow. He loves me passionately, just like he loves the work of God and he loves God passionately. We just don't pray; we do what couples do. We have our intimate moments, we have our romantic moments, we go out on dates even in marriage, we take time out and we fellowship together. We do a whole lot of stuff together that regular and normal people do. You know there is always one thing, if your ministry must grow, you must be a husband and a pastor to your wife as you are to the members of the church. That means you are there to nurture her like you nurture your members. So where there is nurturing, where there is care, where there is tenderness of heart, the love and the ground of romance just blooms on its own.
So that has been my experience.  See a lot of people struggle with that because they are pastors in church and they are lions at home, two different lifestyles.
Now when someone is sick in church, they can call you ten times, but they have a wife that is sick and they don't even know that she's been sick until she is at the point of death. That means there is no affection in the marriage. Life and this calling and the love of Christ is about balancing every area of our life.
When He says, “It is My will above all other things that you prosper and be in health as your soul prospers”, that means God's desire is that every ramification of our life prospers, that includes your romantic life that includes your emotional life, your financial life, your spiritual life. That is called balance and wholeness in Christ.
Cenews: So what advice do you have for young women in the aspect of marriage? 
PASTOR JANE: The key that I discovered in being happily married is following God and following His direction. It comes in one key advice that is what helped me make my decision, in spite of all the negativity I had in my heart concerning Pastors. When the Holy Spirit spoke to me, He said, never turn down a gift because of the wrap, go for the content.
Most of the young people we have in our time, they are focusing on the wrap and miss out on the content. Look out for a man's potential. A potential is what is inside of the man that is not manifested yet, but with time and seasons, will manifest.  That was what I went for. I did not go for the six-pack, it is okay to do that. I did not go for the bald head, It is okay to do that, but most of all look for the content inside of the man that God wants you to see, not what you are looking for but what God is looking out for in other to make your life maritally fulfilled.
Cenews: Okay, thank you for your time I appreciate it.
PASTOR JANE: Thanks for having me. Remain anointed and blessed.

oing the work of Him, that called you. Now when Jesus began doing the work of Him that called Him, the work of His Father, He did not have control over the fame, it followed. But when you begin to pursue the fame, it is just like putting a cat before the horse. It is a mixed priority.  What is fame? Fame is nothing but people upholding you in that which you are doing, so why seek applaud of men and miss out on applaud of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment